Are you looking for a new longboard but don’t want to spend much? Or maybe you want some cheap high quality longboards at an affordable rate. If yes, you’re in luck. There are a lot of cheap longboards on the market available that will provide you with a fantastic ride without exceeding your budget.
In this blog post, we will take a look at some of the best longboards under 100 dollars. We will also provide tips on choosing the right board under your budget. So whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, read on to find the best budget-friendly and good-quality longboards for under 100 dollars.
Longboarding is a great way to get around and have fun, but choosing the right board can be tricky. If you’re looking for the best longboard under $100, you should keep a few things in mind.
The first thing you should do is decide what kind of riding you’ll be doing. If you’re mostly cruising around town or campus, you’ll want a different board than if you’re planning on hitting the skate park or doing some downhill racing.
Next, think about the size of the deck. A longer deck will be more stable at higher speeds, but it may be harder to maneuver in tight spaces. A shorter deck will be easier to maneuver but may not be as stable at high speeds.
Finally, consider the quality of the board. Some boards are made with cheaper materials that may not hold up as well to repeated use or heavy riding. Others are made with more expensive materials that can withstand more abuse.
With these things in mind, let’s look at essential factors or the criteria to evaluate the best budget longboards.
1. Longboard Deck Material: The longboard deck is made from maple, bamboo, and carbon fiber. Maple is the most common material known for its durability and strength. Bamboo is slightly more flexible than maple and is very lightweight. Carbon fiber deck is very costly, but they are excellent in terms of durability, speed, and agility. Ultimately, the best material for a longboard deck depends on the rider’s individual preferences and skating style.
2. The size of the deck: This is important both in terms of overall length and width. You’ll want to ensure the deck is big enough for your feet but not so big that it becomes unwieldy. I’ve already added some more information on longboard size and what size longboard you should buy.
3. The shape of the deck: This is mostly a matter of personal preference, but some shapes may be better suited for certain types of riding than others. If you’re mostly cruising around town or campus, you should go with a cruiser, pintail, or a drop through longboard. You’ll want a different board than if you’re planning on hitting the skate park or doing some downhill racing; you will need a speed board or a top mount.
4. The flexibility of the deck: Some decks are designed to be very flexible, while others are meant to be stiffer. Flexible decks are good for mellow cruising and are good shock absorbent, while stiffer ones will be more stable and ideal when going faster or downhill. Again, this is mostly a personal preference, but remember that a more flexible deck may be less durable in the long run.
Longboard Wheels and trucks
1. When choosing longboard wheels, you must first decide what size works best for your setup without causing any wheel bite.
2. Longboard wheels come between 64mm and 80 mm in diameter, with 70 being the most common size.
3. Smaller wheels can fit on more setups and accelerate faster but have a lesser top speed when compared to larger wheels. Larger wheels have a slower acceleration rate but have a higher top speed and the capacity to roll over obstacles like cracks and trash more easily.
4. There are 2 types of longboard trucks REVERSE KINGPIN and STANDARD KINGPIN.
5. Standard Kingpin trucks provide excellent maneuverability and are ideal for street and park skating. Because of their low ride height and small size, they are perfect for smaller longboard cruisers.
6. Reverse kingpin trucks are the most often used trucks in longboarding. These trucks are designed to provide a more stable, responsive ride at slower speeds while still providing a stable and balanced ride at higher speeds. These trucks sit higher than SKP trucks.
7. RKP trucks offer the best setup for carving, transporting, freestyle, freeride, and downhill riding.
1. Longboard bearings are of two types ceramic and steel bearing.
2. High-grade Steel longboard bearings are well known for their durability and low prices. They’re often used by professional riders who rely on their bearings to perform in all conditions. These bearings are best for normal street skateboarding; however, steel bearings are not rustproof, so proper care should be taken while using steel bearings.
3. On the other hand, Ceramic longboard bearings are known for being extremely fast and smooth. They are harder compared to steel bearings. They’re often used by speed-focused riders and are more expensive than steel bearings.
So ceramic bearings are the best choice if you like to do downhill riding.
Below are the Best Longboard Under 100$
1. Atom Drop Deck Longboard(Best Budget Longboard)
Atom Drop Deck Longboard
The Atom Drop Deck Longboard is the ideal board for those looking for outstanding stability and an effortless push. This longboard features a 9-ply Maple laminate deck with a photo heat transfer graphic that is both stylish and durable. The low deck height of the longboard makes pushing a breeze, while the aggressive concave and foot pockets lock you in for a safe and secure ride.
The high rebound 78a wheels give an extremely stable ride ideal for cruising around town and riding down hills. Overall, I believe this is one of the best affordable longboards I’ve seen. It has high-quality materials and a variety of appealing components, including high-grade bearings, top-quality aluminum trucks, durable grip tape with ultimate traction, and a full maple deck, all of which are required for a great riding experience.
Whether cruising around town or carving up the skate park, the Atom Drop Deck Longboard is the perfect choice for those looking for a great ride.
2. Volador Freeride Longboard (Best Cheap Longboard)
Volador Freeride Longboard
Volador’s Longboard 42″ Freeride Cruiser is the perfect board for those just getting into longboarding or for experienced riders looking for great value. This board is symmetrically cambered and features adjustable trucks, making it a good choice for those starting out.
The 8-ply hard rock maple deck is durable and offers a great platform at 42″ x 9″, while the precision ABEC-9 bearing and carbon steel hardware provide smooth responsive riding. With its shock absorption, kick efficiency, and maximum traction, the Volador Longboard is specially built for mediate distance commuting and works excellent as a freeride longboard.
Furthermore, the board’s accessories are composed of high-quality materials. The reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable to either 50° for carving/freeriding or 45° for cruising/commuting, and the wheel has a durometer of 78A, which are grippy and gives you a good pace. This is a high-quality, long-lasting longboard at a cheap price.
3. Quest Super Cruiser (Best Cruiser Boards Under 100)
Quest Super Cruiser Longboard
The 44′′ Quest Longboard is ideal if you want a pro-style longboard skateboard. This super cruiser is best selling board of quest. This board truly personifies affordable luxury and superior craftsmanship.
It is constructed of multi-ply hardwood maple and bamboo for extra durability and features a beautiful artisan deck shaped to perform. The 7 Ply Super Flex Bamboo and Hardwood Maple Deck make this board ideal for ditch, skatepark, or street skating. The aluminum reverse kingpin trucks and Genuine Abec 7 Speed Bearings provide better performance and stability, making this a decent board for any level skater.
This board has 70mm wheels that provide a soft and grip ride. Plus, the kicktail gives you more control over your board. And with quality black grip tape, this board is ready for anything. So don’t wait any longer; get the Quest Super Cruiser and start skating today!
4. MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard Skateboard (Best Affordable Longboard)
MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard
Looking for an epic longboard to help you shred the slopes? Look no further than the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard. This board is constructed with a classic downhill drop model, making it perfect for speed riding. The 8-ply cold-pressed hard rock maple construction is super strong, and the 37-Inch wheelbase and 10-Inch width deck provide a stable platform for downhill riding.
With its genuine aluminum 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks, this longboard gives you excellent maneuverability whether you’re cruising around town or hitting the hills. The adjustable trucks let you choose a 50 or 45-degree angle to tailor your ride to your style. Plus, the durable 70x51mm 78A PU wheels work with ABEC-9 precision bearings to give you an unbeatably smooth ride.
The longboard deck is spacious, about 10-Inch width, which is perfect for riders of all sizes. Its low gravity construction makes it ideal for any speed ride. So whether you’re a beginner or a pro, the MINORITY Downhill Maple Longboard is the perfect choice for anyone looking to conquer the slopes.
5. Atom Pin-Tail Longboard (Good Cheap Pintail Longboard)
Atom PinTail Longboard
Atom Pin-Tail Longboard is the most stable and sturdy longboard to take your riding to the next level. This classic pintail shape is excellent for cruising, commuting, or even getting around town.
This longboard is perfect for beginners or experienced riders. The 8.5-inch aluminium trucks provide stability when riding at high speeds and handling turns. At the same time, the maple laminate deck can handle all types of riding with its durable qualities, ensuring that this board will last your life! With full coverage, the grip tape top is designed in such a way as to allow grip however needed, no matter if it’s wet weather outside – these boards are great every time.
The Atom Pintail longboard is a responsive and agile board that can go almost as fast on the grass as on pavement. ABEC 5 bearings provide a smooth ride, while the wide trucks and soft wheels make this board perfect for cruising around town. Its 65mm / 78A Urethane Wheels; provide excellent traction, making for an enjoyable ride no matter where you take this fantastic piece of art!
So whether you’re looking for a new way to get around or just want to add style to your ride, the atom pintail Longboard is a perfect choice!
6. Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard (Good Cheap Longboard)
Junli Freeride Skateboard Longboard
If you’re looking for an exciting, durable skateboard that can handle any riding, the Junli 41-Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard is a great option. This board is designed for speed and stability and has a wide turning radius, making it suitable for all sorts of riders. The aluminum alloy trucks and ultra-high elastic PU support pad provide superior control and stability, while the shock absorb ring guarantees a smooth ride.
The deck is made with a cold press 8-ply natural maple for incredible durability and can support a max load weight of up to 330Ibs. The Junli 41 Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard is built with high-quality components that ensure a smooth and responsive ride. The board is equipped with an all-in-one t-tool to facilitate your disassembly and ABEC-11 high-speed bearings, which are very fast and can withstand a lot of pressure and weight. The highly responsive 7-inch aluminum trucks provide excellent stability and maneuverability, while the 80A PU wheels offer a smooth ride.
So Whether you’re cruising around town or hitting the slopes, the Junli 41-Inch Freeride Skateboard Longboard is the perfect choice for any adventure.
7. Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard (Best Cheap Drop Through Longboard)
Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard
Next on our list of cheap longboards under 100, we have Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard. This top-of-the-line board is 39″ x 9.1″, making it the perfect size for both beginners and experts.
The eight-ply maple deck is not only strong but also flexible. The trucks are loose for making tight turns, but you can tighten them up, and they can handle up to 250 pounds. Meaning it can hold up to 250 pounds without breaking a sweat. Additionally, the low-to-ground drop through mounting technology makes this board easy for kids and adults alike to learn.
There’s a slight concave to the deck, which helps your feet grip the board and take tight turns without feeling like falling. The whole ride on this board is smooth, easy, and stable, going over bumps and curbs.
So whether you’re just starting or looking to take your skills to new heights, Playshion Drop Through Freestyle Longboard is for you.
8. Seething Longboard Skateboard Complete Cruiser (Best Cruiser Board Under 100)
Seething Longboard Skateboard
Are you looking for a longboard that is perfect for cruising around town? Then I must say seething 42 Inch Longboard Skateboard Complete Cruiser is the best choice for you.
This longboard has 9 layers of high-quality Canadian maple, making it sturdy and stable. It also has a sleek design that is perfect for getting from A to B in style. And with its lighter weight, freestyle slalom and dancing are a breeze!
The board is equipped with genuine aluminum 7 Inch alloy trucks. These trucks come with precision ABEC-11 bearings and PU cast bushings-95A, ensuring a smooth and responsive ride no matter where you’re skating. Its low center of gravity makes it incredibly stable, even at high speeds, and its comfortable ride makes it ideal for longer distances. Plus, with its free T-tool, you can easily adjust the truck stiffness to suit your riding style.
Whether you’re cruising around the neighborhood, hitting the local skate park or ramp, or even taking on some rougher ground, seething longboard will give you the smoothest ride possible under your budget.
9. Retrospec Rift Drop Through Longboard (Best cheap drop through longboard)
Retrospec Rift Drop-Through Longboard
With so many luring features, the Retrospec drop through longboard is one of the best inexpensive longboards on our list. The Rift longboard is a perfect choice for those who want to cruise around town and bomb hills with ease. With its extra grip 80AB fully covered deck and durable 51mm 78 PU wheels that are made from high-quality materials; this board will keep you agile enough when turning quickly or responsive through changes in terrain type.
The Retrospec Rift Drop-Through Longboard Skateboard is built for speed and precision. The drop-through trucks of the board make it easy to control your skating, while the precision ABEC-7 ball bearings ensure a fast, accurate ride. Further, its drop-through trucks keep you grounded for an even smoother ride, and with a sturdy Canadian Maple construction, you can ride with confidence, knowing your board will handle anything that comes at it. So, whether you’re a newbie or an experienced rider, the Retrospec Rift Longboard Skateboard will give you an incredible ride.
10. AODI 46 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard – Complete Cruiser (Inexpensive longboard)
AODI 46 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard
On No.10 of our list of cheap longboards under 100, we have AODI, the next game changer. This board is made with 100% 7 ply maple, which is durable and lasts for years. At 46 *10 inches, it’s the perfect size for cruising, carving, dancing, or freestyle skating.
This skateboard’s deck features a mild concave, which makes it simpler to handle while riding, turning, and performing tricks. The wide turning radius makes it suitable for all age groups, and the board is built for downhill, speed, and freestyle riding. Whether a beginner or an experienced rider, the AODI 46 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard – Complete Cruiser is a perfect choice.
This longboard is the most popular style, thanks to its large deck size, allowing for more excellent weight distribution. You’ll love being able to cruise around on this board without losing speed, and it’s also comfortable to ride and easy to push and slide.
Additionally, it comes with ABEC-7 high-speed wheel bearings for a smooth ride. The PU shock absorber ring adds softness and comfort to your skating experience. So, why delay? Purchase the AODI 46 Inch Freeride Longboard Skateboard right away!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1 What are the best cheap longboards?
A. When it comes to choosing a longboard, there are many factors to consider such as budget, riding style, and skill level. But if you’re simply looking for the best cheap longboards on the market, here are some great options to choose from. The Atom Pintail Longboard is one of the most popular and affordable boards on the market. It’s perfect for beginners or those looking for an easy ride. The Quest Super Cruiser Artisan Bamboo Longboard is another great option for those on a budget. It’s durable and has a smooth ride.
Apart from that, we have already listed some of the best cheap longboards under $100 that are not only inexpensive but also of high quality.
Q.2 Are Cheap longboards Good?
A. Yes, cheap longboards can be good. Cheap longboards can be a great option for beginners who are just starting out and are not sure if they will stick with skating. They can also be a great option for more experienced skaters who are on a budget and are looking for a board that is durable and performs well.
Cheap longboards are also great for cruising and carving. They offer high maneuverability and speed, and they’re very stable. If you’re looking for a good value longboard, then a cheap longboard is definitely worth considering.
Cheap longboards can be as fun as more expensive ones, and with some research, you can find the perfect board for your needs. They can be an excellent option for beginner riders or those looking for a casual ride around town. When choosing a cheap longboard, it’s essential to consider the factors that will make the board most comfortable and fun for you to ride. We hope our list of the 10 best longboards under 100 dollars has helped you find the perfect affordable longboard for your needs. Have fun out there!
If you are also looking for some excellent deals and a guide on the Best Longboards for Beginners you can check our guide on – Best Longboards for Beginners